If you have a double chin, you know difficult it is to get a picture of your face that looks good. You have to angle yourself just so to avoid an unfortunate-looking photo. If you want to learn how to get rid of that double chin and stop feeling self-conscious about it, learn about natural remedies you can try at home.
How to Get Rid of a Double Chin
Vitamin E is a very important vitamin for your skin, which makes it essential for getting rid of a double chin. Vitamin E can improve your skin’s elasticity, which keeps extra skin from gathering to form a second chin. It’s best to get your vitamin E from natural sources like leafy green vegetables, brown rice, and fruits. You can also boost your vitamin E intake with a daily supplement.
A double chin is often caused by poor skin elasticity under the chin, which makes cocoa butter a natural choice for double chins. To use this item effectively, slightly warm a small amount of cocoa butter every night before bed. Using light, feathered strokes, rub the cocoa butter on your neck and the underside of your chin, moving your fingers downward. Maintain this habit daily and you’ll see a reduction in your double chin.
Wheat Germ Oil
Wheat germ oil is a great choice for people with double chins. It is packed full of vitamin E oil and other ingredients that can firm and tighten your skin. Much like with cocoa butter, you have to massage wheat germ oil into your skin to see results. Use a small amount of wheat germ oil just before bed to massage your chin area. Massage from the bottom of the neck up to the face. Leave the oil on your skin overnight.
Milk has a variety of proteins that make it really good for your skin. When used topically, milk can tone your skin and reduce the appearance of your double chin. Chill milk in the refrigerator and then rub a small amount into your chin and neck. Rinse it off after 10 minutes and repeat a few times per week for best results.
While most double chin treatments involve using ingredients topically, green tea is something you have to ingest to get rid of your double chin. There are tons of antioxidants and chemical components in green tea that help speed up your metabolism. This can get rid of extra fat that may be causing your double chin. Drink 1 to 3 cups of green tea per day to get rid of your double chin.
The variety of vitamins and nutrients in melon make it a great way to get rid of a double chin. When you apply melon to your skin, it can help tighten your double chin. Use a juicer to juice a melon. You can chill the juice first and then use a cotton ball to apply it to your neck and chin. If you want, you can massage the melon juice into your skin as well.
If you’ve ever whipped egg whites, you know how quickly they can tighten and firm up. They can have the same effect on your skin.
- Pour 2 egg whites and 1 tablespoon of milk into a bowl. Stir in a 1 teaspoon of peppermint of essential oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Whisk the mixture thoroughly until it starts to thicken up.
- Rub the mask on your skin, making sure to cover your chin and neck area.
- Leave the mask on your skin for 30 minutes and then rinse it off.
- Repeat once per day to eliminate your double chin.
Tips to Prevent and Get Rid of a Double Chin
- When you’re using handheld electronics, hold them up to eye level. Looking down constantly can weaken your chin muscles and give you a double chin.
- Try to minimize the amount of fatty, salty food you eat. You may retain water, leading to a bloated double chin.
- Do chin lifts every day. This exercise involves tilting your head back to look at the ceiling, holding for 10 seconds, and repeating.
- For a few minutes every day, hold a tennis ball underneath your chin. This will tighten up a double chin.
- Avoid clothes that draw attention to a double chin, like turtlenecks and shirts with embroidered necklines.