Split ends are inevitable, particularly for those that put their hair through flat ironing, hair drying, or other treatments. You can prevent split ends by getting regular trims and not treating your hair at all, but it is hard to treat split ends once you have them. These home remedies for split ends can smooth your split ends and make your hair look shiny and healthy.
Honey is a main player in many home remedies for dryness, so it’s no surprise that it’s one of the most efficient home remedies for split ends.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of honey with 1/2 cup of yogurt in a bowl. Coat your hair thoroughly with the yogurt and honey mixture.
- Let the mixture sit in your hair for 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair out with cool water.
Beer is one of the most surprising home remedies for split ends, but it is actually very good for your hair. Not only will it help to mend split ends, it will give your hair a lovely sheen.
- Pour 1 & 1/2 cups of beer over your hair. Make sure to coat all of your hair, particularly the ends.
- Leave the beer in your hair for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the beer out with warm water.
Papaya and Yogurt
A nourishing hair mask like this one is one of the best home remedies for split ends. It nourishes your hair, helping it heal and stay smooth.
- Find 1 very ripe papaya. Cut in half. Remove the seeds and skin of the papaya.
- Blend 1/2 of the papaya until it is chunky. Add 1/2 cup of yogurt and blend until they are smooth and combined.
- Massage the papaya mixture into your hair. Leave the mixture on your hair for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the mixture out of your hair with cool water.
While it is one of the most unpleasant things in the world to drink, castor oil is a very effective remedy for split ends. This remedy works quickly and easily to return shine and vitality to your split ends.
- Mix 1/4 cup of castor oil, mustard oil and olive oil. You can change the amounts to suit the length and thickness of your hair, but make sure to maintain equal parts of all three ingredients.
- Use your hands to massage the mixture throughout your hair, paying special attention to the ends. Let the mixture stay in your hair for 30 minutes.
- Shampoo and rinse as normal after 30 minutes, making sure to get all of the oil out of your hair.
Milk and Cream
The proteins and fats in milk make it one of the best home remedies for split ends. This treatment works extremely well even on the driest, coarsest split ends.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of heavy cream with 1/2 cup of milk in a bowl. Use a fork or whisk to whisk the mixture together until it is light and frothy.
- Massage the milk mixture throughout your hair and pay special attention to the ends of your hair. Leave the milk in your hair for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the milk out with cool water to avoid curdling it.
This easy shampoo treats split ends, making them look as shiny and smooth as the rest of your hair.
- Boil 2 cups of water. Add 1/8 cup of fresh rosemary to the water. Let the water cool for 20 minutes or until it reaches room temperature.
- Crack 1 egg into the water. Stir rapidly until everything is integrated.
- Shampoo with the mixture just like you would with regular shampoo.
- Rinse with cool water.