Despite its name, ringworm is actually not a worm at all. It is a fungal infection that can be spread from humans to humans and from animals to humans. It’s most often noticed when red rings begin forming on a patch of skin. If left alone, it can often spread to other parts of your body. These home remedies for ringworm give you a natural way to treat ringworm.
Iodine, a deep orange chemical used to sterilize parts of the skin, is a very effective way to treat ringworm.
- Dip a q-tip into iodine.
- Dab the iodine onto the area affected by ringworm.
- Make sure that the iodine is not accidentally ingested by anyone.
- Apply the iodine every day until the ringworm clears up.
As many people know, garlic is a powerful antifungal that can be used to treat fungi like ringworm. Since it is so versatile in how it can be used, garlic is one of the most convenient home remedies for ringworm. This remedy uses garlic topically to clear up ringworm.
- Cut 1 clove of garlic into very thin slivers.
- Press the slivers onto the area covered by ringworm.
- Put bandages over the area to keep the garlic from moving.
- Keep the garlic on overnight.
- Repeat every night until the ringworm is gone.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the strongest medicinal oils used in home remedies. It is often used to clear up infections, treat burns, and heal cuts. It has powerful antifungal properties that make it a great remedy for ringworm.
- Add 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil to 2 teaspoons of water.
- Increase the amount if necessary, but keep the ratio of 1:2 the same.
- Dab the mixture onto the area affected by ringworm.
- Repeat 2 times per day; the ringworm should begin clearing up in 4 weeks or less.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar, with its strong astringent properties, is one of the fastest working home remedies for ringworm.
- Put 1 cotton ball into apple cider vinegar.
- Dab the cotton ball onto the area affected by ringworm.
- Change the cotton ball as needed to avoid spreading the ringworm.
Repeat 3 to 5 times per day.
You should see an improvement in as little as 3 days.
If you have a juicer, ringworm relief is only a couple seconds away. Turmeric is a natural antibiotic, so it can quickly and effectively treat ringworm.
- Put turmeric root into a juicer or juice extractor.
- Save the resulting turmeric juice.
Once or twice per day, cover the affected areas of your skin with turmeric juice.
Aloe vera is the go-to remedy for many skin issues, and it is very good at treating ringworm. You can either use a store-bought bottle of aloe vera gel or use natural aloe vera from your own plant, as described below.
- Pull 2 leaves of aloe vera from your plant.
- Cut a thin line into each leaf.
- Squeeze the aloe vera gel out of the plant.
- Rub the aloe vera all over the area affected by ringworm.
Repeat 3 times per day until the ringworm goes away.
You have to be careful to follow the instructions for this home remedy carefully, as bleach is very strong if it is not diluted properly. However, because it is so strong, bleach is one of the most efficient home remedies for ringworm.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of bleach with 10 teaspoons of water.
- You can change the amount mixed, but make sure that you maintain the ratio of 1:10.
- Rub the mixture onto areas affected by ringworm up to 4 times per day.