Plantar warts can be hard to diagnose and treat, particularly since they do not look the same as regular warts. They typically occur on the foot or heel. Rather than a large bulb on top of the skin, you may only notice a small collection of red and brown dots on top of a small bump. These home remedies for plantar warts can treat these warts quickly.
Oregano oil is one of the best oils for your health, as it is full of antifungal and antiseptic properties. Following this treatment regularly can help a plantar wart dissipate very quickly.
- Pour a small amount of oregano oil out onto a cotton ball.
- Hold the cotton ball onto the plantar wart for 1 minute. Do not wash the oil off.
- Repeat every night until the plantar wart is gone.
Super glue is one of those old home remedies for plantar warts that seem to work against all conventional logic. If you have a little bit of super glue at home, it is definitely worth trying this remedy!
- Squeeze a thin coat of super glue onto the wart. Cover the entire wart with super glue.
- After 2 days, pick the glue off of the skin. Cover the wart again with super glue.
- Continue for 2 weeks or until the wart is gone.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Thanks to its acidity, apple cider vinegar and burn through layers of skin fairly quickly. This is great for warts, as you want new skin to replace the wart as quickly as possible. If you have sensitive skin or are using this remedy for a child, dilute the apple cider vinegar with an equal amount of water.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into a bowl.
- Use your finger or a q-tip to rub apple cider vinegar all over the wart.
- Repeat 1 time every day to quickly get rid of your plantar wart.
Banana peels are surprisingly just as valuable as the actual banana fruit. Once you strip the peel away from the banana, what’s left are plenty of vitamins and nutrients that are great for your skin. This is definitely one of the easiest home remedies for plantar warts.
- Take the banana out of the peel. Cut a piece of the banana peel off. Make sure it is a bit larger than the wart.
- Press the inside part of the peel to the wart. Use a bandage to hold the banana peel in place. Leave the banana peel on for several hours.
- You can do this once every day to hasten healing of your wart.
Herbal remedies are often some of the most popular home remedies for plantar warts. Thyme is excellent for removing toxins from the skin and helping the skin with healing.
- Pulse a small handful of fresh thyme in a food processor until the thyme starts to break down and create a paste. You may add olive oil to make the mixture smoother if you wish.
- Dab your finger into the thyme mixture. Apply a thick coat of the thyme mixture to your wart.
- Cover with a bandage.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is definitely the most powerful essential oil. It can kill a wart more quickly than almost anything else.
- Pour some tea tree oil onto a cotton ball.
- Dab the tea tree oil onto your skin, covering the entire wart.
- Repeat once per day.