Foot fungus is a health issue that plagues lot of people, but many people find it too embarrassing to talk about. Commonly found in athletes, those who wear tight shoes all day, and people who sweat a lot, foot fungus can be very itchy and uncomfortable. These home remedies for foot fungus can help you clear up your problem right away.
Baking Soda Bath
Soaking your foot in a baking soda bath is one of the best home remedies for foot fungus. Baking soda can dry out your foot quickly, killing the fungus on it.
- In a large basin, pour 4 cups of hot water.
- Mix 1/2 cup of baking soda, 1/2 cup Espom salt and 1/4 cup of peroxide into the water until they dissolve.
- Soak your foot in this mixture for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Once you are done with the foot bath, dry your foot thoroughly.
Be sure to clean in between your toes to prevent the fungus from spreading.
Apple Cider Vinegar
With its naturally antibacterial and antifungal properties, apple cider vinegar is one of the most trusted home remedies for foot fungus.
- Soak a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar. Rub the part of your foot affected by fungus with the apple cider vinegar, ensuring that you are thoroughly covering every part of the affected area.
- Elevate the foot and let it air dry for 10 minutes.
- If any moisture remains after 10 minutes, carefully wipe your foot dry.
Garlic is one of the most powerful home remedies for foot fungus because of its antifungal properties. You can enjoy the benefits of garlic in many ways. You might drink garlic juice, eat raw garlic, or take garlic pills. This topical use of garlic helps beat foot fungus fast.
- Take 2 to 5 garlic cloves depending on how much of your foot is affected by fungus. Pulse the garlic cloves in a food processor until they’re chunky. Stir in 1 teaspoon of olive oil at a time until the mixture forms a paste.
- Cover the part of your foot that is affected by fungus with the paste. Use a cloth bandage to cover the area and hold the garlic in place.
- Leave it on for 15 to 30 minutes. Wash the area with soap and water and then dry it off.
Tea Tree Oil
One of the most powerful essential oils out there, tea tree oil is a great remedy for foot fungus. It can burn a little bit if you are not used to it, so you may not want to try this remedy if you have sensitive skin.
- Put tea tree oil on a cotton ball. Carefully rub the affected area with the cotton ball, making sure you cover all of the fungus.
- Let the area air dry for 5 minutes. If any moisture remains after 5 minutes, carefully wipe your foot dry.
Cornstarch is one of the best home remedies for foot fungus because it naturally dries your foot. This starves the fungus and helps your body beat it naturally.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cornstarch on a baking pan. Toast the cornstarch at 325 degrees for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Put the cornstarch into a bowl and let it cool.
- Sprinkle cornstarch all over your foot, particularly the areas affected by fungus.
If you have problems with your fungus spreading, this cinnamon bath may be what you need.
- Break 8 cinnamon sticks in half. Put the cinnamon sticks in 4 cups of water.
- Bring the water to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool and steep for 45 minutes.
- Soak your infected foot in the water for 15 minutes.